Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sunday - the bittersweet ending to a great weekend

I had a great weekend.  So great in fact, I am still in my pajamas and its 7pm (well...still in my pajamas after we got home from the movies Saturday night).

Saturday was a great day.  I woke up early, had some coffee, and reluctantly checked my work email while I was meal planning for the day.  I had an email from one of our partners who had a question on our enrollments, so I guess its a good thing I checked it.  I went into work for a few hours Saturday morning to get that straitened out.  I was actually thinking about stopping in a getting a few things taken care of before I went grocery shopping so it worked out well.

After work, I grabbed some lunch and headed off to Goodwill.  I was in search of some books for my father  who loves to read.  He has read everything in the house and is working is way through some 1970something encyclopedia   Sad thing...I am guessing many of today's youth have never opened an encyclopedia, nor know what one is.

After I scored a few good books for less than 10$, I headed to the grocery store.  I stuck to the budget and got out at a semi-decent time.  By this time my head was pounding and was ready for home/a Saturday afternoon nap. Which is exactly what I did.

I was in the mood to get out of the house so I looked up our local cheap seats theater and checked out the listings, and it was the new batman movie, which I was semi-interested in.  I knew John wanted to see it so figured why not suggest it.  John was all for it, so we took off.

The movie itself was great, I really enjoyed it.  It was a little surreal knowing that dozens of innocent people were kills, many more traumatized during some scene of the movie.  Saddening really.  John enjoys guns, and I even enjoy shooting them so I'm not all for 100% gun control, but do believe that more restrictions should be placed...but more on the mental health side of an evaluation.

On our way home we learned that Johns uncle had a six way by pass heart surgery and was in ICU.  His mom was thinking of going to MN to see him in the morning and wanted to know if we could take her.  Of course, its a non issue, we would.  So when we got home we went to bed early thinking we would be taking off in the morning.

Sunday morning came and she decided to wait to see him until he could have more visitors and for an extended period of time.  Totally understandable.  He had a good night so there was no immediate need to be there.  We are actually going to their farm over Labor Day weekend for cousin Olivia's wedding to her fiance Joshua.  Should be a great time!

So we did nothing today.  Nothing.  Well I cooked three meals (breakfast was eggs, turkey sausage, and toast; lunch was cheeseburger pie; and supper....well I'm currently eating that now, grilled tillapia (seasoned with lemon and dill) and some roasted potatoes, veggies and a glass of Moscato - Id take a pic, but I'm eating on a paper plate - KLASSY).

I currently am battling a headache I have had seen Saturday so that is putting a slight damper on my Sunday Fun-day evening activities.  If an hour after I finish my wine its still there, Im taking some Tylenol and calling it a night.

Later,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment