Sunday, August 5, 2012

Sunday August 5th Recap

Ahhh the end of a weekend.  I feel like Sundays arrive too quickly and Fridays seem to be so far into the distance that you feel the week will never end. 

I had a pretty good weekend.  Saturday morning we woke up at a decent hour, took all of our recycling/garbage to the trash center (only open on certain Saturdays).  From there we picked up mom and dads since dad is having back problems.  After that we went to a neighbors to see if we could borrow a trailer on Sunday (theirs has ramps that we can drive a car onto).  J needed to go pick up a friends car so we could work on it.  After that, we make breakfast and had a nice breakfast together. 

After breakfast on Saturday we both did our own things for a few hours.  I watched some netflix and J played some video games.  I decided it was time to tackle the guest room/room we planned to turn into a nursery and start going through all the crap we have accumulated up there.  The game plan is to turn this into a game room/informal living room and keep the downstairs looking nicer.  I ended up with SEVEN bags of clothes to donate to goodwill.  This will be my third trip of stuff to take to goodwill since June.  Each trip has had at least five bags.  There will be more, but some of it I need to rewash since the lids were off of the totes, the cats decided it was a bed. 

So after I sorted through most things up there, J came up and helped move stuff around.  We moved the bed into the side attic and brought up the entertainment center we had sitting in the dining room. After that we brought up the TV that his friend gave us for all of the work we did for him (J more than me in this case).  We have some more work to do up there, but for the most part is all set up now. 

Saturday night we went over to my parents house to see my little brother who came to visit for the weekend. 

Sunday we picked up the trailer and our friend Jesse and his girlfriend came over and helped load a couch out of the living room that they are taking to their house.  Ahhh I FINALLY have my dining room back.  I have my little desk set up now and can actually see the wood floor without having "stuff" around that we needed to do something with or give away. 

I went to my parents house for a while, and J went with is friends to do some "guy stuff".  After I came home, I did a quick work out....see post workout look:

Sn now, I'm blogging, coming up with our meal plan for the week and just relaxing until J comes home. 

Later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment